Welcome to an exercise in purposeful self-indulgence…an exercise in Self-Love.
If the most important relationship we can foster is that of the one with our Self…and it is…then it stands to reason it’s a good idea to consider the things we love most about ourselves.
I’ve written about the importance of Self-Love before…here and here … oh and HERE too. (OK, so it’s a fave topic of mine. In fact, the theme of Self-Love is inherent in most every post I write, blatant or subtle, it’s there.)
Now, it’s time to get down to it.
Can you shout from the mountain tops and proclaim your Self-Love?
What…? Is there a part of you that feels a little squeamish at the thought of that?
I believe it’s important for us to recognize the qualities within ourselves that make us fall in love with ourselves over and over again.
We’re better in everything we do when we have an honest, loving relationship with ourselves. We’re better in every other relationship we have in our lives when our relationship with our Self is in L-O-V-E, Love.
Do you know what the dictionary says about Self-Love? My Mac dictionary says this:
“Self-Love~ regard for one’s own well-being and happiness (chiefly considered as a desirable rather than narcissistic characteristic).”
You see? Even the dictionary agrees Self-Love is a desirable trait! And a ‘regard for one’s own well-being and happiness’? Hello. That is truly what life is all about. Abraham says life is meant to be JOYful. Seems to me that Self-Love is the passageway.
So let’s go ahead and give ourselves permission to rattle off 5 things we love about ourselves.
I’ll go first…
5 Things I Love About Me:
- My infectious smile. When I smile I feel it in my whole body…every cell, every nerve ending, every single bit of me feels my smile. And it feels good.
- My JOY factor. The smallest things turn me on. I love that about me. It doesn’t take much…and I’m all gleeful…like a kid in a candy store.
- My HUGE Heart. I love how much LOVE I feel inside. Sometimes I wonder just how much my chest can expand…I mean, there’s gotta be a lot of room in there for this great big heart!…really easy to get to 3 things……slight pause now……oh, and here come the other two…
- My Way with Words. I love how words flow through me…I love how easy it is to communicate with my words…and how I find lots of feel good words floating through my thoughts.
- My Inner Knowing. My sensitivity. (Does that count for two? …for me they’re kind of the same. Close relatives. Like twins, if not one and the same.) I’m a feeling person. I love that about me. I love how my sensitivity, my inner messenger, draws me nearer to my Brilliance, the one true essence of who I AM.
There. 5 Things I Love About Me. Woo-Hoo!!! …and you know what? Now that I’ve proclaimed these 5 I can feel a river of love qualities flowing freely. Mmm…that feels good.
OK…now it’s your turn!
Please come along! Use the comment section to Proclaim Your Self-Love from the Mountain Tops!
I want to hear you shout 5 things You LOVE about Your Self…right here…right now!